Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Mother

This is my mother. Isn't she beautiful? Tomorrow (April 3, 2009) my mother will turn 50 years old. April 3, 1959, my mother entered the world in Los Angeles, CA. She grew up in the Westwood area of Los Angeles. When she was 17 yrs old, she left LA for BYU and spent two years there getting her pre-recs for dental school. Then she was back in LA at USC (fight on!) where she attended dental school following a long legacy of USC dental. She met my dad after she graduated and they got married on August 11, 1984. My mother has been working as a dental hygienist ever since. She, along with my dad, is the hardest working person I know. Because of financial difficulties,  she has had to work, despite her strong desire to stay home with her children. She is dedicated to her family and her profession. My grandpa says that she is his favorite child. My mother is really really smart. She knows everything. I can remember one time, I would go through the dictionary and give her a word and she would always know the definition. Even when I chose a really hard one. My mom is very loyal. My dad has come up with very interesting ways to make a living over the years, and she has always stuck by him. 

My mom doesn't like that she is turning 50, but I honestly think it is beautiful. She has spent 50 years of life in this earth. She has gone through so much and learned even more. She is already one of the most wise and beautiful people i know and I can't imagine how much more wise and more beautiful she will become in her next 50 yrs. I love you mom, more than you know. You are my best friend. I am sorry I couldn't be with you on this most wonderful occasion! HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your mom is such a neat person. I just love her. She has such a wonderful spirit about her and she always made me feel so special. I hope she has a happy birthday. Tell her I said "HI"

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALISON! I love ur family!!!!!
    p.s. this is Candice.

    This is super uber sweet. you are a good daughter/cousin/person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she had a great day! Sounds like you are just like her. :)

    ReplyDelete