Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas


Tonight,my heart is full of gratitude for my Savior- His birth, His life, and His death. This year I started listening to Christmas music a lot earlier than I usually do. A week or so before Thanksgiving I found the "Peaceful Holidays" station on Pandora and for the next month and a half it was literally all I listened to. I love this station because it played piano or instrumental arrangements of Christmas songs. These beautiful songs became a form of worship for me because they express feelings for the Savior that I can't so eloquently describe on my own. Here are a few lines that really express my feelings towards the Savior tonight on Christmas Eve.

"What can I give Him, poor as I am?....Yet what I can, I give Him: give my heart."
-In the Bleak Midwinter

"Truly He taught us to love one another,
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother.
And in his name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
With all our hearts we praise His holy name.
Christ is the Lord! Then ever, ever praise we,
His power and glory ever more proclaim!
His power and glory ever more proclaim!"
- O Holy Night, last verse

"He rules the world with truth and grace,
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders, wonders, of His love."
-Joy to the World, last verse

"This, this is Christ the King,
Whom shepherds guard and angels sing:
Haste, haste to bring him laud,
The Babe, the Son of Mary!"
-What Child is This?

Merry Christmas everyone! I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, I forgot to send you a christmas card... :/ FAIL.

    ReplyDelete