Friday, December 31, 2010

2010-The year of extreme stress, the year of extreme joy.

What just happened? The year of 2010 sure threw me for a loop! So many ups and downs! Every year has its ups and downs but this years highs were a lot higher and the lows a lot lower. So many life changing events occurred this past year!

January 13: 13 days into the new year I met Steven on a blind date. Funny thing is how much I was dreading the date! Not because of anything to do with Steven himself but just because it was a blind date. But from the moment I opened up the door and saw Steven's smiling face I felt completely at ease. There was never a boring or awkward moment the whole night. I am so grateful that his sister Stefeni chose to set me up with him!

April 23: I graduated from graduate school. Still can't believe I did that!

April 29-May 23: I traveled to Paraguay for 3 weeks with Jarilyn! Feels like a dream.

August: got a new job, moved away from Provo (my comfort zone), and got engaged!

November 12: I married the man of my dreams. I know it sounds super cliche and I am really not the kind of girl who over-idealizes everything but Steven is seriously amazing. I feel so lucky that we found each other. He continues to amaze me every day. He makes me want to be more than I am and I love him so dearly.

As far as the lows go,my father is currently being punished for a crime he did not commit and it has unfortunately created some very difficult situations for me and my family. It has been hard to say the least.

Above all, 2010 was the biggest learning year I have ever had. I am so grateful for the peace that the gospel brings. I have learned to always be mindful of my blessings or I will get lost in my worries and stress. Luckily, I have a tremendous amount of blessings so it isn't too difficult.






2 comments:

  1. Yep, it's been one heck of a year. We will survive and thrive despite the setbacks. Dad wants us to be happy. Last night he said he wants me to laugh as much as possible and try to enjoy life. It's hard, but I know he is right. If we are truly grateful for our blessings, we will find reasons to smile and laugh. I love you Alison. You have an opportunity at a great life. Always put your marriage first and take care of that amazing guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely accomplished a lot through out the year. I sure hope things work out well for your dad. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete