Saturday, April 23, 2011

Graduations

This time of year always makes me nostalgic. I am not sure why, but it does. I can't believe that it has been a whole year since I graduated! I think it has taken me this whole year to process that I even graduated! So much has happened in the past year. In fact, all of the biggest most life-changing things have all happened in the past year! Whew. Last year at this time my whole family was in town to watch me receive my Master's degree. I said "goodbye" to some of the best friends I have ever had. I was excited to leave for Paraguay in 3 days, but nervous to leave my boyfriend for 3 weeks. What if he didn't  like me still when I came back? (It was actually quite the opposite because about a month after I got home is when we first talked about getting married)! I was feeling weird about not being able to call myself a student for the first time since I started kindergarten 19 years before. ( I still miss school a lot...so weird).

 April 2010

Yesterday, Steven graduated from BYU with a Mandarin speaking major and a business minor. This guy is a trooper. During the whole past school year, he commuted from Salt Lake to Provo everyday to go to school. I can't imagine adding almost 3 hours to an already long and exhausting day. And he did it all on public transportation! It might take him a whole month of sleeping in till noon to recover. And I wouldn't mind at all if he did, because he truly deserves it. He has sacrificed so much of himself for us which is so admirable. I love him.
  April 2011
April 2011

It's been 7 years since I graduated from high school. In one month, my cute little brother will graduate from high school. I can't believe that  kid will be 18 in 3 months. Where does the time go? One of the things that makes me most sad is that I have not lived at home since he was 10. He still had a chubby face that I could squeeze! I have missed most of his growing up years and I wish I would have cherished those moments I had with him while I could. But ya know, I was just a dumb teenager with an annoying little brother.

 June 2004


 April 2010

3 years ago, I got my bachelor's degree from BYU-Idaho In a little over one year from now, my little sister will be getting hers. She is so smart. She is so strong! She got straight A's last semester! I never got straight A's in college! She
has pushed through so many obstacles and has emerged a champion!

 April 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment