Friday, April 29, 2011

I just couldn't help myself!

I admit, I was a royal skeptic at first. I mean come on, was the royal wedding seriously such a big deal? I mean yeah, it is exciting and historical and everything but did all the news anchors of the major TV stations REALLY need to be in London covering the wedding a WEEK before??!!  Were people seriously getting this caught up in it??!! I could understand the excitement from people actually in Great Britain, but why were we talking about it so much here in America??!!

I now retract all such thoughts and feelings regarding the Royal Wedding.

Steven (another major skeptic) asked me the other day if I was going to watch the wedding live. I told him NO WAY I was going to wake up that early (or stay up that late) to watch it, but that I would probably turn on the TV in the morning while getting ready for work to see her dress, after all, I do admire Princess Kate's fashion.

My alarm went off at 6 am. I found myself excitedly getting out of bed and walking straight to the TV to turn it on. As soon as I saw Kate's dress, the beauty and excitement of the whole scene literally brought me to tears! TEARS??!! Seriously? Yep. I was hooked at that moment. I have been watching clips and replays all day. What happened? I finally gave in and let my inner princess wannabe girl come out! I have never been one of "those girls" who sits around and dreams of the prefect prince and the perfect wedding and the perfect marriage, but I think that is what made this whole Royal Wedding thing so fun! We all got a glimpse into a modern day prince and princess story! Of course their marriage will not be perfect and they will likely have problems just like the rest of us, but I think it was exceptionally exciting to be a part of the beginning of what I hope will be a "happily ever after"!

No comments:

Post a Comment