Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kids

Kids always have a way of making you smile, laugh, and bring sunshine into your day (Moms- perhaps you would add scream to that list?) I just love how little kids are so easy to please, eager to compliment, and ever fearless!

Exhibit A:



You can find the full article about this cute boy here : http://www.ksl.com/?nid=957&sid=14664019

Today I went to volunteer at Guadalupe School in downtown Salt Lake and I was helping the cutest little 1st grade girl with her reading. I got up to grab a white board from the shelf and as I walked back to our little desk the girl beams up at me; "You're pretty!" So sweet! Another 2nd grade girl had similar glasses to mine, both squarish and purple. When I pointed this out to her, she was so excited! She thought it was the coolest thing in the world that we had similar glasses! There are so many lessons to be learned from these little children! No, I am not suggesting that we go around requesting kisses from attractive people, but I think we (really I mean me) can all be a little more fearless, eager to compliment, and easy to please!

Happy Day!

2 comments:

  1. Get this. I showed that video to Katie Marie and she said, "weird boy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that movie made me laugh...That's one of the reasons I love being in the classroom and learning from the kids :) and the compliments I get haha kids are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete