Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Send a postcard to a soldier!

I found this really cool website called Tonic. They have different "deeds" that you can participate in every day. The website tracks how many deeds are done and if the goal is reached, money is donated to a good cause. Today's deed is to send a postcard to a soldier. It is a super easy way to spread some sunshine! All you do is:

  •  Go to the Tonic website
  • Go to the History tab
  • Click on the "Do the deed" tab
  • The website will guide you from there!
You can choose from a variety of pre-drawn postcards drawn by children around the country.You can choose a  pre-written message or write one of your own. This is the one I sent:


Great job Let's Say Thanks  for giving people the opportunity to be day-makers!

*Life Update*
I was folding the laundry last night and I started to notice grease spots on all of Steven's shirts. What the heck?! There is no way I could have left chapstick in my pockets, (1) because I am more careful than that and (2) because I haven't done that since I was 14!! So I called to Steven to ask him if he left anything weird in his pockets. He was as confused as I was! So I kept folding and then to my surprise I saw my chapstick, sans the outer wrapper, in the bottom of the laundry basket! Oh dear. I felt so sheepish! It took me right back to when I was 14 and my Mom would get so frustrated with my sister and I for leaving our chapstick in our pockets. So I immediately called my Mom and asked her what to do, Mom's always know best. She said to spray it with Spray n Wash and wash them again ASAP. Well it was already almost 11pm and I had THE WORST headache and didn't really feel like going to the laundry room of our apartment complex that late to fix my mistake. So I sprayed them and hung them up to dry. This morning the spots were even bigger. Ummmm??!!! So I will be washing them tonight and crossing my fingers that the spots come out, or else Steven will be getting alllll new shirts, which wouldn't be a bad thing, except I feel bad about ruining some of his favorites! 

Lesson: empty your pockets every night and especially before you do the laundry!

Happy Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment