Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy 11/11/11!

Cool day, huh?

Naturally, today I am very thankful  for our veterans. It is my personal opinion and hope that we can remember our veterans more often than just on Veteran's Day. The sacrifice that our veterans and their families make to fight for our country is truly amazing and not enough thanks could ever be given to repay them. Back home in Rancho Cucamonga, my Dad has held and event for the past few years where people can come to honor veterans that they know. Each person would get a colored lighted balloon to represent a veteran. These balloons would all be let off at the same time in a beautiful display of love and remembrance for our veterans. I never had the opportunity to actually attend one of these events because I lived in Idaho or Provo but I know they were a great tribute to our veterans and I am so grateful that my Dad has always taught us about the sacrifice of these amazing men and women. Here is a picture from one of the events ( Great shirt, Dad!)

I also want to pay tribute to a soldier from Rancho Cucamonga who was killed in Afghanistan by a roadside bomb. His name was Sgt. Carlo Francisco Eugenio. His body was returned to California last night. Hearing about a story so close to home and thinking about how this young man was just a few years older than I am really makes me recognize the huge sacrifice.

I want to say thank you to Sgt. Eugenio and all of the other servicemen and women who have boldly served our country and for all of the families who support their loved ones in their service.

No comments:

Post a Comment