Sunday, November 22, 2009

Oops...

Oops, I totally forgot to post yesterday! So this post is for what I was thankful for yesterday and tonight I will (hopefully) remember to post about what I am thankful for today. But first, what is the difference between THANKFUL and GRATEFUL? I am going to investigate because I have always wondered....

Ok so they are synonyms and are basically the same thing.

In Websters Dictionary (online edition) it defines thankful as:
1. Conscious of benefit received
2.expressive of thanks (duh)
3. well pleased; glad

Grateful is defined as:
1. a) appreciative of benefit received. b)expressing gratitude (duh)
2. a) affording pleasure or contentment. b)pleasing by reason of comfort supplied or discomfort alleviated.

Hmmmm.... very interesting.... so being thankful is more of a recognition of something whereas being grateful is actually being appreciative something. I think you have to be thankful for something in order to be grateful for it. But they are basically the same so.....

I am grateful for Steve for helping me transport the turkey last night and for not getting juice all over my car.

I am grateful for days where I am alone most of the day (I really mean it, I am not being sarcastic). I think we all need those once and awhile.

I am grateful for music

I am grateful for my car

No comments:

Post a Comment