Thursday, November 26, 2009

What I am most grateful for.....

Today was a really good Thanksgiving. It was a little weird not being with my family, and it is a little weird sitting here in my apartment on Thanksgiving night, but it is refreshing to mix things up a bit and to know that I can be happy and have fun in new places with new people.

Writing a post every day about the things I am grateful for has led me to a lot of reflection on what I am MOST grateful for in my life. The thing I am most grateful for in my life (besides my family, that is a given) is my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was fortunate enough to be born into the church and to be active in it my whole life. However, it was not until about a year ago (if I am being really honest) that I started to gain my own testimony. My testimony of the gospel-and more specifically of my Savior Jesus Christ- is my most prized possession. Luckily it is one that can never be taken away or stolen from me. It is one that I can keep forever, and it will even get stronger as I live through the rest of my life. I am so grateful for EVERYTHING that has happened in my life to get me to the point I am at now. I still have a looooong way to go, but I have a strong and deep faith in the Atonement and in modern -day prophets. I have the Book of Mormon and temples. I have my family for all eternity. I have a strong relationship with my Heavenly Father through prayer. What else could I need? I am so grateful for these things which have been (and will be) the strong foundation I need to conquer whatever challenges life brings me. For this I am very, very extremely and eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment